DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Youth Against Irregular Migration (YAIM) is a grassroots youth organization that:
- creates awareness on the causes, risks and effects of irregular migration through means such as drama, music, radio, sports, talk shows, community and school gatherings, etc.;
- provides reliable and correct information on irregular migration as well as collects relevant information from various stakeholders and spreads it to the public;
- sensitizes the public on the alternatives to irregular migration and the ways to contribute to national development;
- contributes to the reintegration of returnees by providing them with psycho-social support and constituting a safe space for their personal and collective development;
- engages in networking with national and international stakeholders involved in migration, youth empowerment and development.